what for is the work worth doing - an answer to a question posed by Seth Godin -


Dear Seth Godin today you ask what is the work for you - that is worth doing? well - I am an artist - and long before you posed this question to me in a message that came to me here on Facebook this morning I had thought about this a great deal - as an artist I could create a few images - post them on the internet and work my damndest to market them to people all over the world - I believe there are some 7 billion people in the world at the moment and many many many more billions over time that will arrive and spend some time doing whatever they so choose during their lifetimes and so my marketing could also be directed towards them as well - but instead it still strikes me as odd that I might be encouraged - cajoled or even forced to do this marketing thing whatever that means at any one moment during my lifetime since this seems to be changing from the past endeavors of doing it - till now and perhaps will change even more as I spend more time living here on this planet earth - but with all of this I go back to my first thought and that is that I am an artist - and looking at this from a perspective of as far away as some history book or story somewhere in the very very very distant future - say two hundred or five hundred years from now I believe that if I have created on say these few images and a few thousand or even a few million of the people living on this planet have gotten to even know about these images let alone see and even purchase a few copies of these images I might be pretty much relatively insignificant as an artist - however if I continue on creating in the manner and fashion and in the volume of ideas and images as I have so far during the life that I have spent here on planet earth so far - then there might be hopefully a more significant number of individuals who may perhaps be inspired - motivated and perhaps even actually effected on a much grander scale by my work than might otherwise happen - so with that in mind - I continue to place my current collection of over 500,000 images here on the Internet and continue to look for ways to create more of that which I have been doing for a long long while so far - thank you for your question since I had not thought of placing in words before this and the question has given me an opportunity to spell things out in the manner above - Walter Paul Bebirian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything has a story or is a part of a story - sometimes a short story and sometimes long story -